May 4, 2014
Rigzone, dateline 2014-03-26:
Roc Oil Company Limited (ROC), announced Tuesday that BC Petroleum Sdn Bhd (BCP) the 48 percent owned company incorporated to operate and manage the Balai Cluster Risk Service Contract (RSC), has received approval of the FDP (field development plan) from Petronas for the initial phase in the development of the Bentara Oil Field within the Balai Cluster offshore Sarawak, Malaysia.
Commenting on the FDP approval ROC’s CEO Alan Linn said: “Approval for the initial phase of the Bentara oil development is a direct outcome of the risk managed and staged pre development approach implemented by BCP to appraise and accelerate oil production from the Balai Cluster. In the process, we have also identified additional potential within the cluster area and will be proposing further study and appraisal activity in support of the next stage of potential development from Bentara and associated fields”.
January 4, 2014
Dateline 2013-11-11, Rigzone:
Petroliam Nasional Berhad (Petronas) announced Sunday that oil production from the Balai field in the Balai Cluster Risk Service Contract (RSC) area offshore Sarawak, Malaysia has commenced Nov. 6.
The field’s first oil was achieved utilizing an early production vessel (EPV) as a part of the RSC area’s extended well testing (EWT) program.
The Balai Cluster RSC was awarded in August 2011 to BC Petroleum Sdn Bhd, a partnership between Roc Oil (Malaysia) Pty Ltd, Dialog D & P Sdn Bhd and Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd. It is the second RSC that has successfully achieved oil production after the Berantai gas field.
December 19, 2011
Support me by purchasing my recommendations, or buying through my Amazon store. I need the money to pay for running this site. Corporate level sponsors are encouraged.
If you need my help to submit your CVs, donate to the blog, and I’ll review your CV to see if it is worthy of my (and my associates’) expectations. If you can’t figure out how to donate, no need to ask.
- I’m looking for a senior process engineer, 7+ years experience. Send your cv here . Also looking for process safety persons, lead piping designer, lead instrument engineer, and other seniors you think will catch my eye.
- Shell is looking for people for their Floating LNG Facility. You can visit www.shell.com/careers and select Job Search & Apply → Malaysia.
- Carigali Hess is has a full page advert. Send your cv here, with a detailed resume stating references, expected remuneration, contact telephone and email address, before 31st December.
- BC Petroleum, a JV company comprising of Roc Oil Malaysia and Dialog D&P Sdn Bhd, are looking for people. Send your cv here.
- Ranhill WorleyParsons has an advert. Visit the website (select ‘Search Jobs’ and select country ‘Malaysia’, or ‘Advanced Job Search’).
- Murphy is looking for a gaggle of engineers. Apply here, or visit here. When was the last time you saw a .aspx in a published website address?
- I see that Qatar Petroleum is looking for people to support Dukhan. Apply here or visit the website.
- Talisman is looking for a Senior Well Intervention Engineer. Apply here, and visit their site.
May I suggest that readers install the Waze app on their phones? And use it as much as possible? It says its a “a social mobile application providing free turn-by-turn navigation based on the live conditions of the road. 100% powered by users, the more you drive, the better it gets. Join the community of drivers in your area today!” The more you use it, the better info I get in planning my journey round KL, and hopefully the rest of Malaysia.
If you are fans of classic gaming, support those old time PC classics at Good Oil Games. I wish they had a local setup here. And they just started their Xmas 50% off drive!
Support your local bookshop! Visit Bookalicious at The Summit Subang, good selection of imported books. I think they focus on trilogies, quadrilogies, and otherologies. Tell them I sent you, and enjoy the look of perplexity on their faces
Let’s talk a bit about deepwater books:
Deepwater Petroleum Exploration & Production, A Sea in Flames, Disaster on The Horizon
This week’s food recommendation is anything strawberrish from Cameron Highlands. Or from Offshore Bintulu.